||Brandywine Health Foundation
The Brandywine Health Foundation's mission is to improve the health and well-being of people who live and work in the greater Coatesville area by fostering community partnerships, by providing capacity building support, and by making grants to promote health equity, healthy youth, and a healthy community.
The Brandywine Health Foundation (BHF) has been tackling our nation’s most pressing health problems with real solutions for the Coatesville community since 2001. BHF funds valuable non-profits, launches new programs where there are service gaps, and builds partnerships and new leaders for the future. All grants and programming funded by the foundation must fit with one or more of its strategic priorities areas; Health Equity, Healthy Youth and Healthy Community.
Brandywine Health Foundation leaders recently announced that as of October 2016, the Coatesville-based foundation has distributed $15,646,463 in grants and scholarships in 15 years.
The CEO of BHF, with governance from the Board and input from staff, determines and ensures the execution of the overall organizational vision, strategic direction, operating and fiscal policies to ensure successful fulfillment of BHF’s mission. S/he will strengthen BHF’s established reputation by further building, maintaining and nurturing a network of influential contacts relevant to BHF’s mission. S/he will continue to develop the organization’s cohesion and visibility. The CEO will have overall responsibility for leadership, policy development, community programs direction, fundraising, operations, and the financial integrity of the organization.
The CEO reports to the Board of Directors.
Resource Development and Strategy
- Continue to develop and implement fundraising strategies to deepen, cultivate and solicit financial contributions from individuals, foundations and corporations to support BHF’s mission.
- Serve as the principal advisor to the Board in its efforts to expand the BHF’s financial resources and visibility.
- Align all focused program areas with the BHF’s overall mission.
- Develop strategies to effectively influence donors’ and funder’s choice to use BHF for community giving.
- Maintain positive relationships with existing donors and nurture them to increase contributions.
- Understand and promote various charitable giving tools including but not limited to planned giving and memorial giving options.
- Oversee all special events, fundraising campaigns and/or activities as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Educate members of the Board on relevant topics.
- Provide leadership and direction to the staff responsible for fundraising cultivation and solicitation of prospects.
- Assume a leadership role in the community by serving as a spokesperson for BHF representing and effectively promoting to the broader community BHF’s mission and programs.
- Build and maintain key relationships with current and prospective BHF stakeholders in civic, political and other spheres of alliance and influence.
- Act as primary spokesperson and liaison representing BHF’s mission and work to the broader community, including related organizations, media, public sector, civic leadership, and potential donors.
- Work to promote new ideas and partnerships throughout Chester County through outreach activities with interested audiences.
- Maintain solid, collaborative working relations with the Board of Directors providing information and guidance needed for the Board to make informed and necessary decisions.
- Ensure overall financial stability, capacity and sound stewardship of fiduciary responsibilities.
- Clearly understand the realities of the investment policy as well as financial and budget operating practices to effectively demonstrate the sound fiscal position of BHF.
- Monitor and administer BHF within the budget, optimizing available funds in the most efficient manner.
- Coordinate and oversee activities with professional advisors, including legal counsel, auditors, accountants, etc.
- Ensure optimal staff capacity.
- Manage staff’s guidance and professional development.
- Ensure staff is motivated, understands the goals of the organization, and has clear responsibilities.
- Conduct staff performance evaluations to ensure appropriate alignment with BHF’s strategic and operational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in health, social services, business, public administration preferred.
- Strong leader with vision, high energy, and the ability to motivate, lead and inspire the Board, staff, collaborating partners and donors.
- 10 years of experience in the non-profit sector and/or philanthropy.
- Possess an understanding of current philanthropic and public relations interests of individuals, foundations, charities, and corporations in the community.
- Exemplary relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communicator, internally and externally, both orally and in writing; proven ability to respond clearly and effectively to sensitive public and media inquiries while maintaining a positive public image.
- Proven track record of successful fundraising/asset development activities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop, design and execute strategic grant-making initiatives.
- Ability to understand and work with diverse constituencies and multiple viewpoints.
- Experience in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in philanthropy preferred.
- Strong commitment to the mission and goals of BHF, high ethical standards and accountability.
If you wish to explore this position, please submit your resume and cover letter (optional) to:
Criterion Search Group, Inc.
Tel: (610) 581-0590