||Montgomery County Department of Health & Human Services
The Your Way Home Community Relations Manager will work closely with the Your Way Home Program and other key Department of Health and Human Services staff members, contractors, and consultants to advance operations priorities of Your Way Home’s Housing Crisis Response System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Being a public champion for Your Way Home Montgomery County, a collective impact initiative and public-private partnership to end homelessness in Montgomery County through systems change, cross-sector collaboration and the use of evidence-based practices to end and prevent homelessness
- Advancing Your Way Home’s strategic goals and strategies, especially related to community outreach resource development and partnership development
- Developing strong relationships with public and private systems that frequently encounter people experiencing or at risk of homelessness, such as schools, hospitals, police, etc.
- Developing and implementing solutions to more effectively serve persons at risk of homelessness in Montgomery County
- Participating in regional and local coalitions that further the goals of Your Way Home
- Designing and managing content for Your Way Home publications, press releases, website and social media networks
- Position requires frequent travel throughout the County and an ability to maintain contact with supervisor while working at satellite sites
- Ability to get along and work effectively with others
- Other Duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degrees (B.A. or B.S.) from an accredited four year college or university and at least three years related experience and/or training
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, members, governmental bodies/boards and the general public
Demonstrates knowledge and expertise in:
- professional writing
- public speaking
- digital media
- community outreach
- community organizing
- Knowledge of housing crisis response systems, homeless services and/or collective impact initiatives are a plus
- Knowledge of internet software, social media tools, and Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Knowledge of basic office equipment
- Internet and email
- A valid drivers license and proof of current insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To learn more or apply:Please visit Montgomery County website.