||The Philadelphia Foundation
Gift Officer, Donor Relations and Scholarships
Department: Institutional Advancement
Reports To: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Direct Reports: none
FLSA Status: Exempt, Professional
ABOUT THE PHILADELPHIA FOUNDATION: The Philadelphia Foundation (TPF) is Greater Philadelphia’s leading center for community philanthropic engagement. It has been committed since 1918 to improving the quality of life in Greater Philadelphia. As a community foundation, The Philadelphia Foundation solicits and grows charitable contributions to meet the needs of changing times, supports the community through grants and scholarships, and brings individuals and institutions together across sectors and geography to address common opportunities and challenges. A publicly supported foundation, TPF manages more than 900 charitable funds established by its donors and makes over 1,000 grants and scholarship awards each year. To learn more, visit www.philafound.org.
STATEMENT OF EMPLOYER EXPECTATION: Each employee of The Philadelphia Foundation is expected to contribute directly to TPF’s growth and success by advancing its mission, strategy and priorities, while adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards; to perform job duties capably and in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration; and to uphold TPF’s core values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, this position will work to advance giving opportunities by supporting, and stewarding donors. This position will also be responsible to grow and support the Philadelphia Foundation's scholarship fund program, currently consisting of 100+ scholarship funds. The Gift Officer will be responsible for cultivating appropriate donors as assigned, taking on special projects and other initiatives as required. It is expected that the Gift Officer will develop and manage relationships with colleagues and engage in other activities that generally serve the region on behalf of TPF.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work with potential donors –by helping them establish new Funds, including drafting and finalizing fund agreements.
- Focus on fund growth including working with present and potential donors to expand and grow funds within TPF.
- Maintain donor relationship management database, including updating donor records, compiling biographical information, data entry, and pulling reports/queries
- Process incoming gifts and ensure that gifts are accurately recorded and thanked
- Coordinate donor mailings, including direct mail appeals
- Track pledges and monthly gifts to ensure on-time payment
- Analyze donor giving patterns to increase donor retention, upgrading, and conversion rates
- Assist with individual donor stewardship including acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation gifts, and other communications via phone and email
- Participate in and support the planning of annual donor/partner events.
- Coordinate activities and administer processing of scholarship grants.
- Coordinate activities with educational institutions and scholarship fund selection committees involved with the selection and awarding of scholarships.
- Oversee the review process for scholarship applications.
- Oversee the data entry process for all scholarship fund activity at the Foundation, including scholarship award recipient information, tracking the process from initial selection recommendation through grant completion and confirmation of enrollment.
- Ensure the timely processing and payment of scholarship fund grants, including multi-year scholarships.
- Coordinate the on-going communications and correspondence with applicants, recipients, educational institutions, and selection committees and/or donors.
- Manage the review process to update scholarship fund form letters, and contracts for accuracy and compliance with TPF policies.
- Maintain institutional records of scholarship activities.
- Develop and manage activities calendar and pipeline for various scholarship funds.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee preparation of web site information for scholarship fund application opportunities, information and administrative enhancements.
- Manage scholarship activities, such as site visits, receptions, luncheons and educational programs.
- Prepare reports and analysis on scholarship fund activity.
MINIMUM SKILLS/EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Education - BA/BS required.
- Three (3) years of experience in donor relations/development programs.
- Must have an interest and willingness to reach out to current and potential funders to create new opportunities for fund growth.
- Experience with funding scholarship programs desired.
- Experience in donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Ability to be self-directed with a competitive, results orientation.
- A capacity for strategic thinking, problem solving and consensus building.
- Personal style that embodies a commitment to collaboration, teamwork and personal growth with a sense of humor.
- Ability to travel and valid drivers license.
- Ability to collaborate.
- Computer skills - facility with database, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- A commitment to philanthropy and the mission and values of TPF.
** Other job functions may be assigned or changed as necessary to reflect position growth. **
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.