IT STARTS WITH YOU. Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
YOU’VE GOT THE PASSION. YOU’VE GOT THE SKILLS. Are you looking for the next opportunity to learn and grow? At Wells Fargo, we offer a supportive environment where team members can cultivate their careers and make a difference within our company and the communities we serve.
GOVERNMENT AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS operates as the link between the company, stakeholders and the communities we serve, focusing on stakeholder engagement, public policy advocacy, reputation management and corporate social responsibility strategies and programs. The group includes teams that manage the company’s federal and state government relations, corporate philanthropy, environmental affairs, community relations, diversity and inclusion, and Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) risk management.
This is an exciting opportunity to serve as a community relations leader in one of the most philanthropic companies in the country. The Vice President & Senior Community Relations Consultant will join a talented team of mission-driven community relations professionals committed to empowering low and moderate income neighborhoods throughout Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Delaware.
This position presents a unique opportunity to leverage the company’s vast philanthropic resources and passionate employee volunteers to strengthen communities in key focus areas including education, community development, arts & Culture, Human Services, Civic Engagement and the Environment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure the Northeast Community Relations team and line of business partners are focused on meeting objectives for company’s community relations priorities including strategic philanthropy, team member volunteerism and management of signature community initiatives.
- Assist Northeast Community Relations Senior Manager with the planning and distribution of philanthropic funding to non-profit organizations in alignment with the Wells Fargo Foundation’s strategic focus areas.
- Represent Wells Fargo in the community, promoting a positive image and communicating the impact of community affairs
work in low-to-moderate income communities.
- Develop strong partnerships and communication linkages with external community leaders and Wells Fargo line of business leaders and functional partners including Community Development, Government Relations, Communications, etc.
- Work closely with Northeast Community Relations Senior Manager to identify policies and procedures for planning and implementing high-impact philanthropic, volunteer and community development programs that can be replicated and evaluated in markets across five-state Northeast Region.
- Monitor and analyze regional philanthropy budgets and forecasts.
- Provide support for regional Community Development leaders with Community Reinvestment Act related activities and reporting.
LOCATION: Position based in Philadelphia. *Supports Northeast Region (Market – Pennsylvania, Delaware, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut).
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through our many locations, ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking. To learn more, Wells Fargo perspectives are also available at Wells Fargo Blogs and Social Media and Wells Fargo Stories.
- 7+ years of community relations experience
- 1+ year of leadership or project management
- Knowledge and understanding of project management and implementation
- Experience developing and cultivating professional relationships
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Ability to deliver results with speed and agility
- Ability to provide strategic vision for an organization
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to facilitate and lead meetings to reach conclusions, identify tasks, record actions, and achieve results
- Ability to negotiate and facilitate issue resolution
- Knowledge and understanding of Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) investment field: low income housing tax credits, real estate and private equity investments, and regulations
- Experience leading or participating in events and activities for local networks or professional organizations, such as the chamber of commerce, professional business groups, or chapters of national organizations such as the United Way
For Internal Team Members: Visit Teamworks Jobs:
For External Job Seekers:
- Visit Wells Fargo Careers Site: wellsfargo.com/careers
- Click on Search Jobs and Search Jobs Now
- Within the Job Opening ID field enter number as listed above and click on Search