Phila. arts organizations get $807K in federal funding
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Posted by: Amy Seasholtz
A federal agency has awarded more than $800,000 to 33 Philadelphia arts-and-cultural organizations as part of a nationwide awards program that amounted to more than $82 million.
The National Endowment for the Arts on Tuesday announced it's awarded $82.3 million in grants to arts organizations across the United States, and 33 local organizations have received $807,000 as part of that program.
The grants "will support a wide range of activities and represent a significant federal investment in the quality and quantity of public access to art works and activities, furthering learning, creativity and engagement," according to Mayor Jim Kenney's office.
“We are not only excited to be a recipient of an NEA grant for the restoration of the William Penn sculpture atop of City Hall, but also to be in the company of such a diverse group of arts organization awardees,” Kelly Lee, Philadelphia's chief cultural officer, said in a statement.
“The creative work of all of these NEA grant recipients will benefit every neighborhood in the city of Philadelphia," Lee added.
Read below for the recipients, and click here for more information on where the awards will go toward in each organization.
- Asian Arts Initiative - $30,000
- Barnes Foundation - $30,000
- Black Pearl Chamber Orchestra, Inc. - $10,000
- City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - $25,000
- City Parks Institute of Philadelphia (aka City Parks Association) - $20,000
- Community Design Collaborative of Philadelphia (aka Community Design Collaborative) - $30,000
- Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (aka CCAHA) - $20,000
- COSACOSA art at large Inc. - $30,000
- Cultural Data Project (aka DataArts) - $12,000
- Curtis Institute of Music - $30,000
- Dolce Suono Chamber Music Concert Series (aka Dolce Suono Ensemble) - $10,000
- Fairmount Park Art Association (aka aPA) - $30,000
- Folk Arts-Cultural Treasures Charter School (aka FACTS) - $25,000
- Friends of Independence National Historical Park - $20,000
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance - $30,000
- HACE Hispanic Association of Contractors and Enterprises (aka HACE) - $25,000
- Nichole Canuso Dance Co. - $10,000
- Partners for Sacred Places Inc. - $25,000
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (aka PAFA) - $30,000
- Pennsylvania Humanities Council - $45,000
- Philadelphia Clef Club of the Performing Arts - $25,000
- Philadelphia Dance Projects - $10,000
- Philadelphia Orchestra Association (aka The Philadelphia Orchestra) - $75,000
- Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts - $10,000
- Philadelphia Young Playwrights - $35,000
- Rock School for Dance Education (aka The Rock School) - $10,000
- Scribe Video Center Inc. - $25,000
- Settlement Music School of Philadelphia (aka Settlement Music School) - $45,000
- Taller Puertorriqueno Inc. (aka Taller Puertorriqueno) - $20,000
- Three Aksha - $10,000
- Tiny WPA - $20,000
- Village of Arts and Humanities Inc. (aka the Village) - $25,000
- Walnut Street Theatre Corp. (aka Walnut Street Theatre, The Walnut, WST) - $10,000